🎧保母級聽力訓練|Marc Green揭示外語學習的秘密:如何成為真正的母語者?


YouTube 影音學習


英文句子

Sentence & Translation 1 – 100

  1. My story starts in Moscow.
    我的故事從莫斯科開始
  2. I was 15 years old.
    那年我 15 歲
  3. My best friend and I were part of a group of Westerners visiting the Soviet Union.
    我和我最好的朋友是一群訪問蘇聯的西方人中的一員
  4. This was in 1987.
    那是在 1987 年
  5. A few years before the fall of the communist regime.
    共產主義政權垮台前幾年
  6. We were given an official tour guide who was assigned to us.
    為我們指派了一名官方導遊
  7. The tour would start in the morning.
    參觀將從早上開始
  8. We were checked into our hotel rooms for the night.
    我們住進了當晚的酒店房間
  9. My friend said to me, “Let’s go outside and look at the city.”
    我的朋友對我說:”我們出去看看這座城市吧
  10. I thought it was a great idea.
    我覺得這是個好主意
  11. Dumb idea.
    蠢主意
  12. We grabbed our coats and snuck out past security and into the street.
    我們拿上大衣,悄悄溜出保安室,來到街上
  13. We found the entrance to the metro.
    我們找到了地鐵入口
  14. The Moscow underground transportation system is the deepest one in the world.
    莫斯科地下交通系統是世界上最深的地下交通系統
  15. The ride down the escalator took a full minute.
    乘坐自動扶梯下樓花了整整一分鐘
  16. Once we were down there, my friend headed right to an open train.
    我們一下去,我的朋友就直奔一列敞篷列車
  17. I pulled him back and said, “Wait! Let’s write down the name of the station so we can find our way back.”
    我拉住他說:”等等!我們把站名記下來,這樣就能找到回去的路了
  18. I had a notepad, and I wrote down the letters of the station.
    我拿著記事本,寫下了車站的字母
  19. We hopped down the train and went on train hopping.
    我們跳下火車,繼續跳火車
  20. That was fun because –
    這很有趣,因為
  21. Well, actually, it was weird.
    事實上,這很奇怪
  22. There were a lot of people, probably all coming home from work.
    有很多人,可能都是下班回家的
  23. They were all dressed in brown and gray clothes.
    他們都穿著棕色和灰色的衣服
  24. It looked very, very different from what we were used to at home.
    這看起來和我們在家裡習慣穿的衣服很不一樣
  25. But the stations were lovely.
    但車站很可愛
  26. There were stations with statues, with paintings on the wall.
    站台上有雕像,牆上有畫
  27. And glass displays.
    還有玻璃展櫃
  28. It was really like museums.
    真的很像博物館
  29. We would never have expected that.
    我們絕對想不到
  30. And everything was perfectly clean.
    一切都非常乾淨
  31. What was weird though is that the people – nobody seemed to speak.
    但奇怪的是,人們似乎都不說話
  32. Everyone seemed to be looking at us and it kind of weirded us out.
    每個人似乎都在看著我們,這讓我們覺得很奇怪
  33. So after about 20-30 minutes.
    大約過了二三十分鐘
  34. We’d had enough and we wanted to go home.
    我們玩夠了,想回家
  35. I showed my note to someone and they directed me over there.
    我給別人看了我的紙條,他們把我帶到了那裡
  36. Then over there, I showed my note to another person.
    然後在那邊,我又給另一個人看了我的紙條
  37. They directed us the other way.
    他們把我們引到了另一邊
  38. Then a third person directed us sideways.
    然後第三個人從側面指引我們
  39. That was a little confusing.
    這有點令人困惑
  40. Then I saw it.
    然後我看到了它
  41. Over the stairs, the sign.
    在樓梯上方,那個標誌
  42. It turned out I had written down the Russian word for “Exit.”
    原來我寫下了 “出口 ”的俄語單詞
  43. We headed upstairs and we found a taxi.
    我們上了樓,找到了一輛出租車
  44. That was great.
    太棒了
  45. We told the driver, you know, “Intourist Hotel,”
    我們告訴司機,你知道,“Intourist Hotel”
  46. And he was willing to take us.
    他願意帶我們去
  47. I remember sitting next to the driver, handing him 50 rubles.
    我記得我坐在司機旁邊,遞給他 50 盧布
  48. He looked at me and he said, “No, dollar!”
    他看著我說:“不,一塊錢!”
  49. Fifty dollars?
    50美元?
  50. That was like I don’t know 20 times that amount or something.
    我不知道是20倍還是什麼
  51. That was not an option for us.
    這對我們來說不是個選擇
  52. So we had to get out of the taxi.
    所以我們只好下了出租車
  53. He drove away, leaving us standing there.
    他把車開走了,留下我們站在那裡
  54. It was a cold night.
    那是一個寒冷的夜晚
  55. Everything was strange for us.
    一切對我們來說都很陌生
  56. We were teenagers.
    我們都是十幾歲的孩子
  57. We were pretty nervous, didn’t know what to do.
    我們非常緊張,不知道該做什麼
  58. We started walking.
    我們開始走路
  59. We walked to the end of the block.
    我們走到了街區的盡頭
  60. We turned the corner.
    我們轉過了街角
  61. 200 yards in front of us, the Intourist Hotel.
    前方 200 碼處是 Intourist 酒店
  62. This experience affected me in two ways.
    這次經歷在兩個方面影響了我
  63. The first is that anytime after this trip that I would hear anyone speak Russian.
    第一,這次旅行之後,我隨時都能聽到有人說俄語
  64. I would just cringe.
    我都會感到恐懼
  65. The second one is that it taught me the importance of understanding the local language when you’re traveling.
    第二,這次旅行讓我明白了在旅行中理解當地語言的重要性
  66. It actually led to me learning another four languages fluently over the following years.
    在接下來的幾年裡,我又流利地學會了另外四種語言
  67. Now, before I go on, I’d like to know in the audience.
    現在,在我繼續講之前,我想知道在座的各位都是怎麼想的
  68. Can we have a little bit of light maybe in the audience?
    觀眾席上能不能有點燈光?
  69. I’d just like to know who’s –
    我只想知道誰是 –
  70. By a show of hands, who is not a native English speaker?
    舉手表決,誰的母語不是英語?
  71. It must be 99%.
    必須達到 99%
  72. Anyone who doesn’t speak English, stand up!
    不會說英語的人請起立!
  73. Alright, so I can assume all of you have gone through the process of learning a language.
    好吧,我可以假設你們都經歷過學習語言的過程
  74. Anybody who speaks three or more languages?
    誰會說三種或三種以上的語言?
  75. Wow, that’s maybe 70%.
    哇,大概有 70%
  76. Four or more languages, anyone?
    有人會說四種或更多語言嗎?
  77. That’s still quite a bit.
    還是挺多的
  78. Anyone speak five or more languages?
    有人會說五種或更多語言嗎?
  79. Wow, come see me during the break.
    哇,休息的時候來找我
  80. To me, learning a language is like a deck of playing cards lying faced down on the table.
    對我來說,學習語言就像把一副撲克牌面朝下放在桌子上
  81. As you start learning and understanding, the cards start opening up for you.
    當你開始學習和理解時,撲克牌就開始為你打開
  82. There’s no standard way of classifying this.
    沒有標準的分類方法
  83. But as you learn, you reach certain milestones.
    但隨著你的學習,你會達到某些里程碑
  84. The first one would be when about 25% of the cards are turned up.
    第一個里程碑是翻出大約 25% 的牌
  85. You reach a basic level.
    你達到了基本水平
  86. At this level, you have a base vocabulary, some grammar.
    在這一級別,您掌握了基本詞彙和一些語法
  87. You’re able to have very simple conversations and communicate a little bit.
    您可以進行簡單的對話和交流
  88. Your study goes on until you reach this magical point of fluency.
    繼續學習,直到達到流利的神奇境界
  89. What we call being fluent in the language.
    我們稱之為 “語言流利”
  90. What does it mean, being fluent in a language?
    語言流利是什麼意思?
  91. It means that you’ve turned up more than 50% of the cards in the deck.
    這意味著你翻出了一副牌中 50%以上的牌
  92. That is the point where the language becomes part of your subconscious.
    在這一點上,語言已經成為你潛意識的一部分
  93. Even if you don’t use it anymore for 10 years or longer.
    即使你 10 年或更長時間不再使用它
  94. You will not forget it.
    你也不會忘記它
  95. You can get back into it within a very, very short time.
    你可以在很短很短的時間內重新使用它
  96. This is a level where you’re comfortable thinking in a language.
    這是你能夠自如地用一種語言進行思考的水平
  97. Comfortable communicating in a language.
    能自如地用一種語言進行交流
  98. Some people go on and reach a mastery level.
    有些人繼續學習並達到精通的水平
  99. By that time, you know classic literature in the other language.
    到那時,你已經通曉另一種語言的經典文學作品
  100. You have in-depth knowledge of specialized fields.
    你對專業領域有深入的了解

Sentence & Translation 101 – 200

  1. That’s often the point taken in academia.
    這往往是學術界的觀點
  2. When I learned my first foreign language, I had a head start.
    當我學習第一門外語時,我有一個良好的開端
  3. I was born to a German-speaking mother and an American father.
    我的母親是講德語的,父親是美國人
  4. When I was a baby, I didn’t really understand.
    當我還是個嬰兒時,我真的不懂
  5. That what my parents were speaking to me were two separate languages.
    父母對我說的是兩種不同的語言
  6. By the time I was two years old, I had figured it all out.
    當我兩歲的時候,我已經完全明白了
  7. Women speak only German.
    女人只說德語
  8. Men only speak English.
    男人只說英語
  9. Imagine the fun my parents had when they introduced me to couples.
    想象一下我父母把我介紹給情侶時的樂趣
  10. Being bilingual was actually pretty helpful in learning my first language.
    雙語其實對我學習第一語言很有幫助
  11. It definitely helped.
    絕對有幫助
  12. But it also gave me something else.
    但它也給了我其他東西
  13. It gave me two identities and the ability to switch between them.
    它給了我兩個身份,並能在這兩個身份之間切換
  14. When you’re a native speaker of more than one language.
    當你以一種以上的語言為母語時
  15. Your personality, your humor, your value system.
    你的個性、你的幽默、你的價值體系
  16. They change as you switch languages.
    它們會隨著你轉換語言而改變
  17. This can have huge advantages.
    這會帶來巨大的好處
  18. Some studies have shown an increased problem-solving ability.
    一些研究表明解決問題的能力有所提高
  19. Even a higher resistance to Alzheimer’s disease.
    甚至對阿爾茨海默病的抵抗力也會增強
  20. What I’m most interested in is that it’s actually given me a lot of social benefits.
    我最感興趣的是,它實際上給我帶來了很多社會效益
  21. When you’re a native speaker.
    當你以英語為母語時
  22. You feel at home among native speakers or in a culture.
    在母語使用者中間或在一種文化中,你會有賓至如歸的感覺
  23. Native speakers accept you as one of theirs.
    母語使用者接受你為他們的一員
  24. Is this only relevant to native speakers?
    這只與母語使用者有關嗎?
  25. That’s the big question.
    這是個大問題
  26. Wouldn’t it be cool if a person learning a foreign language could actually develop another identity.
    如果一個學習外語的人真的能發展出另一種身份,那不是很酷嗎?
  27. Actually enjoy the social benefits of a native speaker.
    真正享受到母語使用者的社會福利
  28. That go beyond communication skills?
    超越交流技巧?
  29. That’s what happened to me.
    我就是這樣
  30. I was able to do that.
    我能夠做到這一點
  31. I want to show you from my experience how I think this can be achieved.
    我想用我的經驗告訴你們,我認為如何才能做到這一點
  32. If we say this green area here is the level of the native speaker.
    如果我們說這裡的綠色區域是母語者的水平
  33. The first thing to note is that on your way to reaching fluency.
    首先要注意的是,在你達到流利程度的過程中
  34. There is not really any shortcut.
    其實沒有什麼捷徑可走
  35. There are some methods that you can use such as the Burrito Principle.
    你可以使用一些方法,比如 “捲餅原則”
  36. Identify 20% of the most effective materials to study.
    找出20%最有效的學習材料
  37. There are some apps, like stuff for time-spaced learning.
    有一些應用程式,比如時間間隔學習的東西
  38. They increase vocabulary retention.
    它們可以增加詞彙量
  39. They save a little time.
    它們能節省一點時間
  40. In the end, there’s no way around working with the material, practicing it.
    歸根結底,學習材料和練習是繞不開的
  41. Until you reach the fluency level.
    直到達到流利水平
  42. The second thing to note is that going from fluency to mastery is a much slower process.
    第二點要注意的是,從流利到精通是一個緩慢得多的過程
  43. It requires proportionally more effort.
    需要付出更多的努力
  44. That’s why most people just stop at fluency.
    這就是為什麼大多數人都止步於流利
  45. They know how to speak English, good enough.
    他們知道如何說英語,已經足夠好了
  46. They don’t even attempt to venture on.
    他們甚至不嘗試繼續冒險
  47. I can understand it.
    我聽得懂
  48. The good news is, to get the benefits of a native speaker, at a native-speaker level.
    好消息是,你可以在母語水平上獲得母語使用者的好處
  49. You don’t have to go through mastery in the academic sense.
    你不必通過學術意義上的掌握
  50. You can skip this step altogether.
    您可以完全跳過這一步
  51. There are many native speakers do not have an in-depth knowledge.
    有很多母語使用者並沒有深入了解
  52. Of specialized fields or sophisticated vocabulary.
    對專業領域或複雜詞彙的了解
  53. So, that’s not really what is required.
    因此,這並不是真正的要求
  54. How do you do it? What is required?
    怎麼做?需要什麼?
  55. I want to give you three areas to focus on.
    我想告訴你們三個重點領域
  56. When you’re learning and interacting with native speakers.
    與母語人士學習和交流時
  57. The first is: work on eliminating your accent.
    第一:努力消除你的口音
  58. I’m aware I said eliminating.
    我知道我說的是消除
  59. It should be at least minimizing it.
    至少應該是儘量減少
  60. This is, in my opinion, the most overlooked aspect of language learning today.
    在我看來,這是當今語言學習中最容易被忽視的方面
  61. But it’s also the most important one.
    但也是最重要的一個方面
  62. To reach what I call a native-speaker level or a speaker-like level.
    達到我所說的母語水平或類似母語水平
  63. If you communicate without an accent or almost without an accent.
    如果你在交流時沒有口音或幾乎沒有口音
  64. This changes how natives behave towards you unconsciously.
    這就會不自覺地改變當地人對你的態度
  65. It also gives you an ability to adapt to a new self-image.
    這也使你有能力適應新的自我形象
  66. The best way that I’ve found – the best exercise I’ve found to improve your pronunciation.
    我發現的改善發音的最好方法–最好的練習
  67. Is what I call the perfect-sentence technique.
    就是我所說的完美句子技巧
  68. You find a native speaker to help you.
    找一個母語人士來幫助你
  69. You take a book in the foreign language.
    閱讀外語書籍
  70. You open it at a random page.
    隨便翻開一頁
  71. You read the first sentence.
    閱讀第一句
  72. Then, you ask a native speaker to rate you.
    然後,請一位母語人士給你打分
  73. On obvious accent, slight accent, no accent.
    口音明顯、口音輕微、無口音
  74. The native speaker will read this sentence back to you.
    母語人士會把這個句子讀給你聽
  75. You have to listen carefully and then you repeat.
    你必須仔細聽,然後重複
  76. You repeat this process over and over until the native speaker tells you. 你要一遍又一遍地重複這個過程,直到母語人士告訴你
  77. That he can no longer hear an accent when you read the sentence.
    當你讀這個句子時,他已經聽不出口音了
  78. I realize it can take a very long time.
    我知道這需要很長時間
  79. Even just to get one sentence right.
    哪怕只是讀對一句話
  80. But I promise you.
    但我向你保證
  81. If you are persistent, and if you patiently work on this.
    如果你堅持不懈,如果你耐心努力
  82. You’ll be amazed by what happens to your accent.
    你會對你的口音發生的變化感到驚訝
  83. The second area to focus on is using verbs and expressions that locals use.
    第二個重點是使用當地人使用的動詞和表達方式
  84. We all know the situation that vocabulary can be region-specific.
    我們都知道,詞彙可能會有地域性
  85. In the US, you use “stand in line.”
    在美國,你會使用 “stand in line(排隊)”
  86. In the UK, you “queue.”
    在英國,用 “queue”
  87. That’s all good.
    這都很好
  88. Sometimes, the spoken word is so different.
    有時,口語是如此不同
  89. The speech is so different from what you get in textbooks.
    演講與教科書上的內容大相徑庭
  90. That the books are almost useless if you want to converse with natives.
    如果你想和當地人交談,書本上的東西幾乎沒用
  91. In the French language, there are words like “le travail,” which is “my work.”
    法語中有 “le travail ”這樣的詞,意思是 “我的工作”
  92. This example shows how different spoken language can be from textbooks.
    這個例子說明了口語與教科書的不同
  93. Here you actually have to learn all of these words and expressions one by one.
    在這裡,你實際上必須一個一個地學習所有這些單詞和表達
  94. Of course, you have to interact with natives to do that.
    當然,你必須與當地人交流才能做到這一點
  95. After you reach a critical mass that you’re comfortable with.
    當你達到一個臨界點,你就可以適應了
  96. It’ll be easier when you encounter something new.
    當你遇到新事物時就會更容易
  97. You’ll just pick it up in one go, like native speakers would.
    你會像母語使用者一樣,一下子就掌握了
  98. The third area to work on is adopting cultural traits.
    第三個需要努力的方面是採用文化特徵
  99. What do I mean by that?
    什麼意思?
  100. So let me ask you: what does this gesture mean to you?
    讓我問你:這個手勢對你意味著什麼?

發佈留言

發佈留言必須填寫的電子郵件地址不會公開。 必填欄位標示為 *

返回頂端